Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Season

The Season The Season by Sarah MacLean

Book 37 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge
Book 19 of 25 for the Support Your Local Library Challenge
Book 11 of 12 for the 2009 YA Challenge


rating: 4 of 5 stars

Three 17-year old British aristocrats are "coming out" in the 1815 London season. However, these three girls are more interested in their intellectual and cultural pursuits than being seen on the marriage market. But as the season begins with it's endless social engagements, young Lady Alexander, Lady Eleanor, and Lady Vivian get themselves into a much bigger adventure than they bargained for.

This book definitely has a modern feel to it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a Regency romance YA book that is about female friendship, but of course, it is also about love. I appreciated that it was a nice clean book that I would recommend to girls 12 and up.

Also reviewed by:
Let me know if I missed yours!

3 comments:

Kailana said...

I have this book on my list. Glad to hear you liked it!

Kim L said...

Yeah, from that book cover, it looks a lot like prom. Maybe that was the point?

Anyhow, happy reading!

Nise' said...

Great job on reading! I just finished a historical fiction YA book.