Saturday, April 18, 2009

24 Hour Read-a-Thon Update #2


The challenge for Hour 7 was to take a walk. It is such a gorgeous day here in North Carolina (almost gorgeous enough to have lured me away from the read-a-thon, but not quite). :) However, I was quite happy to take a little stroll around my neighborhood.

The azaleas are in bloom:


The walking path in my development is in bloom:


And, in reference to my Just Listen post, here is my chemically-induced green grass:


Right now I'm almost halfway through Unwind by Neal Shusterman. It's a creepy book in some ways, but I'm really enjoying it. In a little bit I'm going to run over to the library. My copy of The Season by Sarah MacLean is in, and I really want to read it today.

I also forgot to mention that for every book I read today, I will donate a point to a BookMooch charity.

Totals so far:

Books finished: 1
Pages read: 390
Hours read: 5.5

6 comments:

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Wow, it looks beautiful outside! It started out lovely this morning, but it's been getting darker and darker ever since.

Good luck with the Read-a-Thon!
Kim

bermudaonion said...

It's gorgeous here in South Carolina, too, but our grass isn't that green yet.

Melissa O. said...

Gorgeous pictures--I love azaleas!!

You've made great progress with your reading! Good luck as you carry forward!! :-)

Megan said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you've got a great neighborhood for walking around. Mine is a tad on the boring side. ;-)

Keep up the great reading!

Tara said...

wow, it's gorgeous there! You're doing great!

Eva said...

Gorgeous pics! Your reading's going great, and good for you donating to charity.