Monday, April 27, 2009

Magic Study

Magic Study (Study, Book 2) Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

Book 42 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge
Book 22 of 25 for the Support Your Local Library Challenge
Book 5 of 5 for the Once Upon a Time III Reading Challenge


Awards: 2006 Booksense pick; RITA Award finalist

rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Study series by Maria V. Snyder. I loved the first book, Poison Study, which I read during the read-a-thon. To be honest, I don't expect much from the second book in a trilogy. They kind of wrap up what happened in the first book and set you up for the last book. But, I did enjoy this enough to stay up faaaar too late last night to finish it.

I can't really reveal much plot without spoiling the first book. But, this book has more mystery, more magic and fantasy, and less romance than the first book. This one was missing some of the tension for me that the first book had. But, I think it is a good solid book for those who love a feisty female heroine. I am excited to finish this trilogy with Fire Study and to start Snyder's new series with Storm Glass, which features a character introduced in Magic Study.

Also reviewed by:
Let me know if I missed yours!

4 comments:

Alaine said...

This was the favourite of this series. Thanks for the links!

Missy B. said...

Re: Fade
Some parts of it I really enjoyed, but as a whole, it wasn't worth it. On the up-side, I read it in two evenings, so now I can move on to something better! :)

Anonymous said...

I have definitely read mixed reviews on this part of the trilogy. I'm currently waiting for a copy to come into the library. I enjoyed POISON STUDY so much that I can't wait to read more about them. I will definitely miss the tension; the first book was nicely paced.

Jill said...

I keep hearing about this series and the more I hear, the more I think I need to give it a try!