Thursday, April 23, 2009

Perfect You

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Book 21 of 25 for the Support Your Local Library Challenge
Book 40 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge


rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

I really had to read this book. Once I saw the cover, there wasn't a choice even. Let's put it this way, when my 2 year old saw the cover, she said, "It's Mom and Dad!" Since the proof is in the pudding, here's the pudding:


Kate is a 16 year old high school sophomore who thinks she is having the worst year of her life. Her dad quit his job to sell vitamins in the mall and he's not making any money. Her best friend is ignoring her. And all she ever does is fight with the guy she's crazy about because he has a reputation of hooking up with half the school.

This book definitely had a similar feel to Sarah Dessen's books. It was a cute romance, but there was also a little too much senseless making out. I think it made the novel feel more shallow than it needed to. However, I was super pleased with how the book ended. The author didn't try to wrap everything up with a perfect bow, and I do think that gave the book honesty and authenticity.

Also reviewed by:
Let me know if I missed yours!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Great shoe pic! This book has been in the back of my mind for a while now.

bermudaonion said...

I love the shoe story! The book sounds cute.

Ruth King said...

I love it when covers speak to me like that.

Belle said...

I love your proof picture! I can see why you had to read the book.