Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Books

The final list....
I highlighted my top 10 favorite books for the year (the Book of Mormon doesn't count).
  • 75. Peace Like a River
  • 74. The Book of Mormon
  • 73. Christmas Jars
  • 72. Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank
  • 71. Assassination Vacation *
  • 70. The Year of Living Biblically *
  • 69. Father Knows Less Or: "Can I Cook My Sister?"
  • 68. Moloka'i
  • 67. Love, Stargirl *
  • 66. The Tale of Despereaux *
  • 65. The Road
  • 64. The Star Garden *
  • 63. Behind the Scenes at the Museum
  • 62. The Devil in the White City *
  • 61. One Thousand White Women
  • 60. The Invention of Hugo Cabret *
  • 59. Good Harbor
  • 58. Gilead
  • 57. I'm a Stranger Here Myself
  • 56. Austenland *
  • 55. A Walk in the Woods
  • 54. The White
  • 53. Princess Academy *
  • 52. A Girl Named Zippy
  • 51. Eclipse *
  • 50. The Mists of Avalon
  • 49. Home to Big Stone Gap *
  • 48. Four to Score
  • 47. New Moon
  • 46. Three to Get Deadly
  • 45. Twilight *
  • 44. Two for the Dough
  • 43. One for the Money
  • 42. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime *
  • 41. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive *
  • 40. The Places in Between *
  • 39. Digging to America *
  • 38. The Dive from Clausen's Pier
  • 37. The Birth of Venus
  • 36. I Want to Buy a Vowel
  • 35. Feed
  • 34. Stargirl *
  • 33. Weetzie Bat
  • 32. The Adventures of Blue Avenger *
  • 31. American Born Chinese
  • 30. One Bad Rat
  • 29. Persepolis
  • 28. Keturah and Lord Death *
  • 27. Whirligig *
  • 26. Carver: A Life in Poems *
  • 25. It's Perfectly Normal
  • 24. God Went to Beauty School
  • 23. With Courage and Cloth
  • 22. Shakespeare: His World and His Work *
  • 21. The Rose and the Beast
  • 20. Rose Daughter *
  • 19. Zel *
  • 18. How Angel Peterson Got His Name *
  • 17. Prom
  • 16. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
  • 15. Doing It
  • 14. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
  • 13. My Heartbeat
  • 12. Heart's Delight
  • 11. Go and Come Back *
  • 10. The Myth of You and Me *
  • 9. A Girl Named Disaster
  • 8. Sabriel *
  • 7. The Golden Compass *
  • 6. Catcher in the Rye
  • 5. The Outsiders *
  • 4. Alice in Wonderland *
  • 3. From Romance to Realism
  • 2. Water for Elephants
  • 1. Leaving Microsoft to Change the World *
What were your favorite books of 2007?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I read stargirl. It made me sad.

Lisa R.D. said...

So happy to find your blog--I am always looking for a good book to read and from your favorites, it looks like we have similar tastes! Just getting ready to read "My Sister's Keeper" which made your favorites list in August of '07.

Tricia said...

Welcome Lisa! Let me know if you like it or if you have any recommendations for me.

Lark said...

Hey Tricia, I have been looking at your blog for awhile and love seeing what to read next! You have great reviews too...I was laughing so hard at your review for Christmas jars. Anyway, I read "These is my words" and loved it. I especially loved it because I lived in Tucson for so many years and really could visualize it. so thanks for the recomendation! Also, the Twilight series and "Year of Wonders" hit my top ten.

Tricia said...

Jennifer: I'm sorry you didn't like Stargirl. You may find Love, Stargirl more upbeat if you are still interested in following the story.

Lark: Thanks for the Year of Wonders recommendation. I'll add it to my list. Glad you like These is My Words. Check out the next two in the series as well. More Tucson!