Sunday, April 19, 2009

11 Birthdays

11 Birthdays 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass

Book 38 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge
Book 20 of 25 for the Support Your Local Library Challenge
Book 4 of 5 for the Once Upon a Time III Challenge

Recommendations: Junior Library Guild Selection


rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amanda and Leo have the same birthday and have always celebrated together. However, on their 10th birthday they have a fight and they don't talk for a whole year. Their friendship is rekindled again when they realize they are both having their 11th birthday over and over and over again and they need to figure out how to make it stop.

This book was cute but nothing I would write home about. It was basically a middle school ripoff of Groundhog Day. I gave it to my 8 year old, so I'm interested to see what she thinks about it. I suspect that since I read this in the dead of the night, she'll like it a lot more than me. However, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this for 4th-6th grade readers. It's a good clean book about friendship and following your own dreams.

Also reviewed by:
As always, let me know if I missed yours!

No comments: