Saturday, April 18, 2009

24 Hour Read-a-Thon Update #4

Wow! I can't believe we are more than halfway through already.

Here's my answers to the mid-even survey:

1. What are you reading right now?
I'm about 3/4 the way done with The Season by Sarah MacLean.

2. How many books have you read so far?
Getting close to 3.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Hmmm, I'm really just taking it one at a time right now. I'm not sure what I'll end up reading, but The Loser's Guide to Life and Love and 11 Birthdays look interesting.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No, my wonderful husband said he would take care of everything for me. I even left him a LIST!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My kids have interrupted me occasionally, but for the most part, they have been a welcome distraction. My husband has been great.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How quickly the first half went by.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I'm really enjoying the moment and I'm having a great time!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I'd love to do this again. I don't really think I would do anything differently, but I have fantasized that it would be nice to be sitting in a really lavish hotel room doing this.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes. I'm surprised that I didn't take a nap today. So, I know at some point I'm going to need some rest.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I've set goals for myself that give me a mental and physical break when I need it. And the cheerleaders have been awesome! Thanks for the comments everyone!

Totals so far:

Books read: 2
Pages read: 816
Hours read: 10

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

816 pages in such a short amount of time really impresses me!

And naps are definitely encouraged. 24 straight hours of reading is much harder than it seems! :)

Happy reading!

Linda said...

The Season sounds intriguing. Keep up the good work!

Care said...

oh wow! You'll hit 1000 pages in no time! CHEERS!

SFP said...

I'm impressed, Tricia. You read so fast!