Saturday, August 11, 2007

Favorite Books

  • A Short History of Nearly Everything
  • America's Women: Four Hundred Years of Dolls, Drudges, Helpmates, and Heroines
  • Anna Karenina
  • Big Stone Gap Series
  • Books by Jane Austen
  • Books by Jeffrey Archer
  • Charms for the Easy Life
  • Easter Island
  • Girl With a Pearl Earring
  • Holes
  • How Green Was My Valley
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Interpreter of Maladies
  • Jim the Boy
  • Lucia, Lucia
  • Maisie Dobbs Series
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • Pope Joan
  • Rebecca
  • Sarah's Quilt
  • Sotah
  • Ten Circles Upon the Pond
  • The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
  • The Book of Mormon
  • The Eyre Affair
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven
  • The History of Love
  • The Namesake
  • The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series
  • The Queen of the Big Time
  • The Red Tent
  • The Rule of Four
  • These is My Words
  • Twilight

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, I just finished the Big Stone
Gap Series and I thought they were great. I enjoyed the array of characters a lot, so much diversity. Of course my favorite was the man-chasing bookmobile driver, Iva Lou(it just sounds hillarious anyway you think about it).

I think that I might be a kind of juvenile reader in that I like stories to follow the plot with a happy ending for everyone. These books definately opened my eyes that a good book is more than romance and a happy ending.

My favorite of the series was Home to Big Stone Gap. The heroine, Ava Maria, is finally comfortable in her own skin when she is near sixty, when you would have thought she should have been living happily ever after, since her marriage. The author tried to show her readers that you don't have to be content with your life, but to continue to dream and redream.

Overall, very, very good.