Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Book Club Favorites

My non-Enrichment book club met tonight. We all submitted a list of our favorite books, so I thought I would pass along the recommendations of others (some of which I admittedly don't like, but many of which I do!).

• Anything by Anne Tyler especially The Accidental Tourist & Ladder of Years
• Poisonwood Bible
• To Kill a Mockingbird
• The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
• The Witch of Blackbird Pond
• A Thousand Splendid Suns
• The Kite Runner
• Where the Heart Is
• The Weaver Takes a Wife
• Morning Glory
• Mutant Message Down Under
• The Diary of Maddie Spenser
• The Screwtape Letters
• The Tenant of Windfall Hall
• The Immortal Wife
• Two from Galilee
• At Home in Mitford
• My Antonia
• The Hiding Place
• Follow the River
• Anne of Green Gables
• Dandelion Wine
• Letters for Emily
• The Persian Pickle Club
• Summer of the Monkeys
• My Name is Asher Lev
• Miss Julia Speaks her Mind
• The Count of Monte Cristo
• Cheaper by the Dozen
• Girl with the Pearl Earring
• Homecoming
• Rumors of War
• Year of Wonders
• The Secret Life of Bees
• Church Ladies
• The Davinci Code
• Uncle Tom's Cabin
• Tara Road
• Scarlet Pimpernel
• Jane Eyre
• I Heard the Owl Call my Name
• My Cousin Rachel
• Crow Lake
• The Giver
• Devil in the White City
• Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

No comments: