Friday, September 26, 2008

Rapunzel's Revenge

Rapunzel's Revenge Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale

rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shannon Hale has teamed up with her husband Dean Hale and illustrator Nathan Hale (no relation) to create a really unique graphic novel based on the fairy tale, Rapunzel. In this book, Rapunzel's hair helps her escape her prison, fight villains, and battle beasts. Rapunzel sets out on a swashbuckling quest to right the wrongs of Mother Gothel and to reunite with her real mother. And, there just might be a little love story along the way. :)

Definitely recommended for all ages. It is in the YA section of my library, but my eight year old read it and loved it too. The Hales are hard at work on a sequel so stay tuned!

Also reviewed by:
Maw Books went to her release party!
Here's Shannon and Dean on the Today Show (via Nathan Hale's blog)

4 comments:

Ana S. said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I'm glad to hear you found it so enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that Shannon is one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet. I did snag an interview with Shannon and it will be up probably this Monday.

Tricia said...

Nymeth: It's a fun easy read and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Natasha: So cool! Can't wait to read it!

The Doughracle said...

Wow - you are cruising through books this year! I may just have to write another January book reading inspiration post at this rate! :) I love the reviews, keep them coming, I like some new book ideas!