Saturday, September 20, 2008

Orbis Terrarum Challenge

I'm totally late to join this party, but I figure better late than never.

Here's the challenge:

- The Orbis Terrarum Challenge begins April 1st 2008 (you are welcome to join later) through December 20th 2008.
- For the challenge each reader is to choose 9 books (for the 9 months).
-Each book must be by an author from a different nation in our world.

I've read some that qualify for the challenge since April 1st, and those are going to have to count, otherwise I'd never finish in time!

What I've read so far:
  • The Book Thief - Australia
  • Dreamers of the Day - USA
  • Miracle at Speedy Motors - UK
  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress - France/China
Possibilities to finish up the challenge:
  • Half of a Yellow Sun - Nigeria
  • Out Stealing Horses or The Redbreast - Norway
  • Sister of my Heart or The Twentieth Wife - India/USA
  • The Power of One - South Africa
  • Random Passage or The View from Castle Rock- Canada
  • Silence - Japan
  • Suite Francaise - Ukraine/France
  • Persepolis 2 - Iran/France
  • P.S. I Love You - Ireland

4 comments:

Corinne said...

WOW!!~ Good for you to join!! I REALLY liked this challenge. I am counting on Bethany doing it next year - I'm hoarding books for it already :)

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Oh AWESOME!!!! I don't think you will have any problem finishing.

Welcome to the OT challenge!!!!

Ana S. said...

I think it's great that you still decided to join at this point! I enjoyed this challenge so much. I've heard great things about some of the books on your list, but the only one I've read is Persepolis. I hope you enjoy your picks!

Alyona K. said...

Wow, you're reading a book by Nemirovsky - she's from my country. I'd really like to read your review (if you write one, that is). Anyway, good luck with the challenge :)