Monday, May 10, 2010

The Double Comfort Safari Club

The Double Comfort Safari Club (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #11) The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith

Series: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency #11

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow! I can't believe there is already 11 books in this series. I wasn't even aware that this one had come out until I saw them for sale at Costco last week. I came home and put a hold on it at the library right away. I love my annual trips to Botswana reading these light mysteries.

In this installment, Precious Ramotswe receives a letter from America. She must find a safari guide who has been bequeathed an inheritance from a wealthy American tourist. Grace Makutsi's fiancee is involved in an accident that may threaten their relationship. A man transfers ownership of his house to his fiancee before realizing that the fiancee was only after his money. And, a married couple who are friends of Mma Ramotswe each suspect the other of having an affair.

These books are calming and comforting, with a few lovely passages hidden like treasures in the pages. Another wonderful book in this series.

Book 41 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge, Book 33 of 55 for the Countdown Challenge (2010), Book 1 of 8 or the Orbis Terrarum Challenge (Zimbabwe), Book 13 of 25 for the Support Your Local Library Challenge 

Source: Library

6 comments:

Andi said...

I'm on the "hold" list, but agree that Precious is like an old friend. A fun way to spend a few hours. I keep waiting to be so disappointed that I'm done with the series (because I'm normally not big into series), but obviously I keep coming back for more!

bermudaonion said...

I agree - this is a very sweet series. Nice review!

Shweta said...

I love this series and I always think that more the books in the series the better. These books do have some sort of pull to them which make me pick them up ..

Nina said...

I never heard of this series before, but the story sounds very nice. Like the cover too.

Heather said...

Oh I need to get back into this series. I loved Tears of the Giraffe, but the Typing School one threw me off. Thanks for the review and the reminder! :)

KIKA said...

Oh I have heard a lot about these series, and have to admit, I don't know why I haven't started it myself. I too would like an annual trip to Botswana :) maybe if I start the series now the trip wouldn't have to be just annually but a lot more frequently