Saturday, November 15, 2008

Regency Buck

Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer

Originally published:  1935
Published in trade paperback by Sourcebooks, Inc.:  August 1, 2008

rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first Georgette Heyer book, and I really enjoyed it. This Regency romance novel will delight Jane Austen fans as well as those who find Austen's stories a little too slow.

Judith Travener and her brother Peregrine are wealthy orphans who travel to London to meet their guardian. They expect to find their ward, Lord Worth, to be much older and are shocked to discover he is practically their own age. Life in London gets interesting with the new heiress and her brother in town whilst Lord Worth puts a crimp in everyone's plans.

This is a perfect read for a cold and rainy day--a romance with a little mystery thrown in. My only complaint was that it was a little predictable for me. But I thoroughly enjoyed this and can't wait to read more of Heyer's works.

Thank you to Danielle at Sourcebooks for this book!

Also reviewed by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect for me! :)

Ladytink_534 said...

I've never read any of her books but I think I would like to try one. Just not sure which one!

Melissa said...

Oh, blast. First Becky, now you? I'm going to have to put a Georgette Heyer book on my list. :)

Tricia said...

Ladytink: I wish you luck. She wrote like 50 books!
Melissa: Guilty as charged. I'm reading Charity Girl next.

Tricia said...

Veens: I hope you enjoy!

Heather said...

I'm reading my first Heyer now as well; Charity Girl. It reminds me a lot of Austen. I love her writing and you are totally right; this would be great on a cold, rainy afternoon!

Booklogged said...

We've been watching the mini-series, John Adams. The men wore the same pants (slacks, whatever) as the man on the cover. Absolutely horrible. I'll bet those men would love a nice pair of jeans.