Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Engaging Father Christmas

Engaging Father Christmas (Father Christmas Series #2) Engaging Father Christmas by Robin Jones Gunn

Publisher:  Faith Words
Publication Date:  October 30, 2008

rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is the sequel to Finding Father Christmas, and I sure hope there are more to come in this series.

Engaging Father Christmas picks up one year after the last book ended. Miranda is once again in England for Christmas, hoping to get engaged to her Scottish boyfriend, Ian. There are some hiccups along the way, but things turn out exactly as they should in the end.

The themes of faith, grace, and patience with a little romance thrown in, can't help but produce some Christmas cheer. (I even got a little Christmas lump in my throat, because I'm a sap like that.) This is a great holiday read, with a reading guide in the back for group discussions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These books sound delightful!

Paige said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm way behind on your blog and now that I've read some updates I have a lot to add to my queue!

Anonymous said...

Ah Well! I love reading books based on Christmas holidays :) It is just so magical and nice and -- umm! I am getting a bit emotional here :) LOL!

But well, It will take sometime for me to get this book anyways :)