Monday, September 24, 2007

The Star Garden

I was so happy when I got to bring this book home from the library! I was the first reader of my copy, and I was happy to be the one to crack the book open and turn each page for the first time. On to the review...

I just love Sarah. Even though she is 43 now, there is a lot I feel I can relate to in her personality. But there is enough that I can't relate to which keeps her interesting. This book picks up right where Sarah's Quilt left off. It's been a two years since I read Sarah's Quilt so it took me a few chapters to remember where I left off and who the characters were. But once I got up to speed, I couldn't put the book down.

I actually think I liked this book better than Sarah's Quilt, because Sarah was much more real. Granted, she was more fallible in this book which was disappointing in some cases, but much more true-to-life I suspect. Still, the first book, These is My Words, stands on a pedestal for me...but Sarah's saga continues with this very satisfying read.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Can't wait to read it...thanks for the review dude!

Gramma Seguine said...

I'll get it Friday after the doctor's visit.