Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection

The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #13)The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection by Alexander McCall Smith

On the library stacks: Adult fiction
Series: No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency #13

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mma Ramotswe has two big problems. 1) Mma Potokwane has been fired as head of the orphan farm and 2) One of the apprentices at Speedy Motors has been wrongly accused of a crime. Add into that Grace Makutsi's adjustment to married life and a stranger who shows up out of the blue (I didn't know he was coming, but I almost cried) and you have a recipe for an absolute winner in this 13th installment.

There really isn't much more gushing I do about this series that I haven't already done in the past. It amazes me that I can still give 5 star ratings to a series that has been going on so long. Somehow McCall Smith gets right to the heart of human nature in such a gentle manner that it takes my breath away. I love my yearly visits to Botswana.

Also reviewed by: A Reader's Journal ~ Your link here?
Source: Library

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I haven't read any of this series for quite some time. They were always a pleasure to read so I should get back to them.