Saturday, September 18, 2010

June B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying

Junie B. Jones and some Sneaky Peaky (Junie B. Jones, #4)Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying by Barbara Park

AR Reading Level: 2.9
On the library stacks: Children's fiction
Series: Book 4 of 17 (Junie B. Jones)


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the second time I've read this one aloud to one of my kids. I wondered if my boy would like it any less than my girl, but he didn't. He's a new 1st grader and this is his first exposure to Junie B. He loved it. As an added bonus, the books are quick to read and I think the humor is hilarious.

In this installment, Junie B. has a spying problem. She hides in the hamper, scaring her Grandpa who has just taken out his teeth. She also hides in the grocery store where she spies her "perfect" kindergarten teacher pop a grape in her mouth in the produce department. This leads to Junie "accidentally" telling the principal. But on Grandparent's Day, it all comes out right in the end.

While I think these books are fun, they are not great for the beginning reader who rightfully get hung up on words like "hided" and "pasketti." So, if you are introducing chapter books to a young reader as I am, I would steer clear. But still, this only took us two days to read together and a good time was had by all.

Also reviewed by: Puss Reboots ~ Your link here?

Book 83 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge

Source: Purchased

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It sounds like those books are better as read alouds.

Veens said...

I want this book for my boy too! It sounds so cute!

Emilia said...

These are great audio books. We always get a few for road trips. All my boys love Junie B. and my current first grader especially loves her. (She has a special place in the heart of many young kids with adhd.)