Monday, February 15, 2010

Heist Society

Heist Society Heist Society by Ally Carter

Series: Book 1 of ?

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

When I saw this book come out last Tuesday, I was so happy to snag the first copy at the library. I have really been enjoyed the Gallagher Girl series, and I was excited to see Ally Carter begin a new series about young art thieves.

Katarina is a 15-year old reformed art thief who comes out of "retirement" to re-steal priceless works to save her dad's life. Her partners-in-crime include billionaire (and potential love interest) Hale, his butler Marcus, her beautiful cousin Gabrielle, techie Simon, an unknown but savvy pickpocket (and potential love interest) Nick, and a few more besides. Their heist takes them all across Europe as they figure out where the paintings are and how they are going to retrieve them.

I did have high expectations, but I was somewhat disappointed in this one. There were too many characters and the plot unfolded in kind of a confusing way. I did feel that Carter worked out most of the kinks by the end though and set herself up better for future books, so I will probably read the next one. Plus, I loved Hale...

Also reviewed by:
Book 9 of 50 for the YA Reading Challenge
Book 15 of 100 for the 100+ Reading Challenge
Book 22 of 55 for the Countdown Challenge (2010)
Book 4 of 25 for the Support Your Local Library Challenge

Source: Library

2 comments:

Veens said...

You are right, maybe she will get it right in the next book!

The cover looks good :)

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like a great premise for a story - hopefully the series will improve.