Saturday, September 29, 2012

Insurgent

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth

On the library stacks: YA Fiction
AR Reading Level: 5.0
Series: Divergent #2 of 3

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved Divergent and couldn't wait to read its sequel. In a similar fashion to my review of the first book, I will keep this brief:

1. It's good. Not as good as the first one, but a really solid #2 in the trilogy.
2. I liked the Inception-like elements. Real or simulation?
3. The plot was not predictable, which I really appreciated.
4. I really like how the author can move the story along while deepening our understanding of the characters and their relationships.
5. I'm on tenterhooks to see how it all ends.

Also reviewed by: At Home With Books ~ Melissa's Bookshelf ~ Book Addiction ~ Becky's Book Reviews ~ Ms. Yingling Reads ~ The Eclectic Reader ~ Book Nut ~ A Bookworm's World ~ Girl Who Loves to Read ~ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer ~ Emily's Reading Room
Source: Borrowed

No comments: