Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Millionth Circle

The Millionth Circle: How to Change Ourselves and The World--The Essential Guide to Women's CirclesThe Millionth Circle: How to Change Ourselves and The World--The Essential Guide to Women's Circles by Jean Shinoda Bolen

On the library stacks: Adult Non-fiction

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book about creating and maintaining women's circle has a holistic, New Age, feminist vibe. While that's not normally my cup of tea, this book is well worth the 45 minutes it takes to read.

I read this book on the recommendation of a friend because of a situation we were going through in our neighborhood. Not only did I find it applied to that situation, but I also gleaned insights applicable to other aspects of my life--my marriage, my book club and my own personal spiritual journey. Much of this short book is written in free verse, leaving the reader to contemplate and interpret the ideas according to their personal circumstances. I know I'll be thinking about this one for awhile.

Source: Kindle Purchase

No comments: