Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Deep in the Heart of Trouble

Deep in the Heart of Trouble Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deeanne Gist

rating: 4 of 5 stars

My second foray into the world of Christian historical fiction romance was as enjoyable as the first. I read this book in a day and was thoroughly entertained.

Set in Texas during the oil boom, when bicycles are new and exciting and women who wear bloomers are still considered slightly scandalous, this book follows Essie Sprecklemeyer, the daughter of an wealthy oil baron who believes she is destined to become an old maid. In comes Tony Morgan, who has been disinherited after his competing oil baron father dies, to fall madly in love with her.

I didn't realize until I finished this book that is was actually a sequel. And, I didn't really care. Overall, the book was somewhat predictable, but very fun.

Recommended!

Also reviewed by:
Let me know if you did too!

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

I reviewed a predictable but fun book this week too lol.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

oh, I did like this one!! Glad you got to read it and that you liked it too :)