Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so sad when this book ended. I wanted to finish it, but I didn't want to finish it. You know?

From Sarah Dessen's website:
Sixteen-year-old Macy Queen is looking forward to a long, boring summer. Her boyfriend is going away. She's stuck with a dull-as-dishwater job at the library. And she'll spend all of her free time studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father's recent unexpected death. But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother's open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy joins the Wish team. She loves everything about the work and the people. But the best thing about Wish is Wes—artistic, insightful, and understanding Wes—who gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way, and really start living it.
I guess I really loved this book because I felt like I could relate to Macy and I couldn't be in a more different stage of life than her. I think that's when you know you've found a great book. The themes of the book--attaining perfection, defining forever, truth and honesty--just resonated with me on such a basic human level.

I'll definitely be reading the rest of Dessen's books...and soon! Highly recommended.

They also reviewed it: Becky from Becky's Book Reviews, Thoughts of Joy, Alessandra's Out of the Blue, Library and Literary Miscellany, and Alix Not Enough Bookshelves.
Let me know if you did too!

3 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Sounds like a great book (but who could ever think a job at the library is boring?!)

Tricia said...

Ladytink: Yeah, I have to admit I winced a little every time the boring library job got brought up. It was actually more the other girls she had to work with there that I thought were the real problem though (or that's what I convinced myself of!)

Corinne said...

I have one of this author's books on top of my fridge right now (that's where the mommy library books live...). Now I'm even more excited to read it!