Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Did I Expect Angels?

This book was sent to me by the author, Kathryn Maughan, who is also a member of Book Blogs. Thank you Kathy!

I was so excited to read it, and I got it done in just over 24 hours. The story alternates between Jennifer and Henry. Jennifer, a 30-something mom, is at a crisis point in her life when Henry, a store greeter, steps in to help her. Henry has also been through tough times. An immigrant from Costa Rica, Henry has had to start his life from nothing.

I'm being intentionally vague about the plot, only because I love how the story unfolds between the two voices. It is an inspirational story because it reminds us that life is about valuing those we love. I love a book that makes me want to be a better person for having read it.

Did I Expect Angels? is a novel that will stick with me for awhile.

They also reviewed it: Booklogged and Trish and Trish and Bethany

5 comments:

trish said...

I'm glad you liked it too. :-)

Corinne said...

AWESOME!! I'm so glad you liked it. I want to try it :)

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

oh, I really want to read this book, I keep hearing amazing things in the reviews!!! Thanks for the review!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Yes, it was great!!! Thanks for telling us about it! I hope more and more people read it :) It is great.

Allison said...

I just finished this book! Wow..it was really good! Makes you think after finishing it..and like you say...I'm sure it will stick with me for a while!