Wednesday, July 13, 2011

City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

AR Reading Level: 5.2
On the library stacks: YA Fiction
Series: Mortal Instruments #4
Recommended for: Grades 9+

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Now that I have finally finished this book, I am caught up in this series! It has been difficult listening to others chat and avoid spoilers, but now I am also in the know. ;) I will try not to include any major spoilers in this review, however.

This book opens up about six weeks after City of Glass ended. Everyone is back in New York, settling into a routine. Jace seems more distant than he usually is, and everyone is worried about Simon as a fledgling vampire. There was an unresolved issue from the last book that ultimately rears its (very) ugly head, resulting in a major climax and cliffhanger at the end of this book.

I liked this book fine, but I think I'm just a little burned out on this series right now. Although the world creation is really incredible, the plot points seemed a little recycled. There were some new twists in here that I did appreciate, but I think I'm done with warlocks, faeries, vampires, werewolves, demons and Shadowhunters for a little while.

Also reviewed by: Book Thoughts ~ Fuzzy Cricket ~ Becky's Book Reviews ~ Your link here?

Source: Borrowed

No comments: