Saturday, December 14, 2013

Homeschooling Books

I started homeschooling all 4 of my children this year. Here are some resources I checked out at the library:


Homeschooling: Take a Deep Breath - You Can Do This!Homeschooling: Take a Deep Breath - You Can Do This! by Terrie Lynn Bittner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Would certainly recommend for a first-timer.






The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at HomeThe Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Good for understanding the classical homeschooling method. Even though I don't follow it religiously, it gave me some great ideas.



Home Learning Year by Year: How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High SchoolHome Learning Year by Year: How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High School by Rebecca Rupp
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Dated.




Homeschooling: The Teen Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 13- to 18- Year-OldHomeschooling: The Teen Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 13- to 18- Year-Old by Cafi Cohen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These are the years that scare me the most. This made it feel do-able!


Homeschooling: The Middle Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 8- to 12-Year-Old Child (Prima Home Learning Library)Homeschooling: The Middle Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 8- to 12-Year-Old Child by Shari Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OK. But not really any new ideas after teaching this age for a year already.


No comments: