Thursday, April 12, 2012

Paranormalcy

ParanormalcyParanormalcy by Kiersten White

On the library stacks: YA Fiction
AR Reading Level: 4.1
Series: Book 1 of 3
Recommended for: Grades 7+

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Evie is a teenager who works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. Using her special ability to see through glamours, her job is to make sure that all paranormals are registered, accounted for, and are behaving themselves. But things get a little weird when Evie meets a watery shape-shifter (also hot, of course) and the two of them realize there is an evil plot to destroy paranormals.

This book is cute, and it's a little cheesy too. It kind of bugged me that there were references to so many types of paranormals in this book. I guess the scope was a little much for me while also trying to create a sweet "normal" teenage romance. But it's a quick, clean, entertaining read that younger teens would probably enjoy. However, I doubt I'll continue reading more in the series.

Also reviewed by: The Bluestocking Society ~ It's All About Books ~ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer ~ Bloggin' 'bout Books ~ Tales of Whimsy ~ Book Lover Stop ~ Your link here?
Source: Purchased

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I just haven't gotten into the paranormal stuff yet, so this may not be for me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I was kind of annoyed by this one too. :)