Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let It Snow

Let It Snow: Three Holiday Stories Let It Snow: Three Holiday Stories

Book 18 of 55 for the Countdown Challenge (2008)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is just what the doctor ordered. Let It Snow is three fun interconnected Christmas teen romances by three great authors.

Maureen Johnson starts the ball rolling with a tale about Jubilee. It's Christmas Eve and her parents have been thrown in jail for being a part of a Christmas village collector's riot. So instead of attending her boyfriend's annual Christmas Smorgasbord, she hops on a train to see her grandparents in Florida. But her train only gets to western North Carolina before a snow storm blocks her in for the night.

John Green's story comes up next and it's set in the same town where Jubilee is stranded. Tobin's parents get stranded in Boston from the same storm, so he and his friends risk their very lives heading out to the local Waffle House because they know 14 stranded cheerleaders are in there.

Lauren Myracle (got to love that last name for Christmas spirit) wraps all the stories together with a tale of redemption and forgiveness. Addie had just recently split from her boyfriend and she feels just awful about it. To make things worse, her friends come over on Christmas Day and tell her that she's been selfish and self-absorbed. But, Addie has an angel at the Starbucks where she works, and everything comes together perfectly.

I read the whole book in one day. Although I loved them all, I think John Green's was my favorite. All the stories were somewhat implausible, but definitely sweet and charmingly funny.

Also reviewed by:
Have I missed yours?

Source: Library

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Sounds good! I love that the stories are interconnected.

Shweta said...

Definitely something I would love to read. I love Maureen Johnson's writing and John Green's as well.

Jaz said...

I thought it was such a cute book. Very creative in how they intertwined.

Jill said...

I put this book on hold, and I got an email this weekend from the library that it was in. Ironically, I haven't been able to get in yet because of all the snow we got! Glad you enjoyed it.

Meg @ write meg! said...

Sounds like a great holiday read! I meant to pick this one up to read before Christmas, but time got away from me (again). I'll definitely look for it next year! :)